Job Title: Southeast Sales – Specialty Silica
Location: Atlanta, GA, or Charlotte, NC
Business Unit: Inorganic Materials
Evonik Corporation is a leading specialty chemical company in North America. With approximately 4,000 employees in North America, the company has over 20 manufacturing sites and numerous offices, labs, warehouses and distribution centers in the region.
Evonik Corporation is part of Evonik Industries, an international industrial group with activities in more than 100 countries all over the world. Evonik's performance is shaped by creativity, specialization, continuous self-renewal, and reliability. In fiscal 2011 more than 33,000 employees generated sales of around €14.5 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of about €2.8 billion.
Evonik Corporation demonstrates its strong commitment to hiring and retaining diverse, well qualified employees by offering a comprehensive yet competitive flexible benefits program, including retirement, health care, 401(k) and flexible spending programs.
Sales Strategy: Value selling silica into a wide variety of industries. Ability to clearly explain the appropriate functionality of the silica in the customer application is key.
Experience with some of the following industries is required: (rubber (MRG), paint, coatings, chemical, silicone resins, polyester resins, animal feed, plant protection, food, plastics and pharmaceutical.)
Understanding of the following functionality is also key to success: (rheology control, reinforcement, matting, defoaming, flow improvement, carrier, controlled release, adhesion, antiblocking ).
Responsible for about 25 direct accounts and a regional distribution partner. Accounts range in size from independent smaller customers to multinational Global Key Accounts (GKA). Sales territory will be based upon geography and market concept.
Team Selling process: Sales develops new needs or opportunities which are then qualified with Marketing colleagues. Then, with support of technology colleagues (AT), team selling is used to achieve qualification and orders.
Hunting and Farming: A mix of about 70:30 for these skills with a preference on hunting skills desired.
A key requirement of the sales person is timely informing of colleagues via Call Reports and update of the Contact Management Program. CRM. Updates for forecasting, market data, new opportunities are to be done regularly.
- Exploring and growing the target/opportunity account list, dealing with incoming new leads and following up to close the sales or kill the lead.
- Seeking out new customers and sales opportunities, initiating action plan to advance and procure new business for the company.
- Developing relationships with the technical and product development departments at a customer to learn of new trends or innovation required.
- Managing the performance and activities of Distributor partners.
- Maintaining close contact with existing customers to become aware of their new requirements or threats to the business.
- Delivering presentations of the company products at customer sites.
- Meeting annual sales goals and targets.
- Attending regional industry group meetings and trade exhibitions.
- Maintaining the company’s contact database management CRM with up-to-date market data, opportunities and account information.
- Ensuring effective internal communication within the Sales, Marketing team and AT and across the company.
- Negotiating the agreement terms with customer in conjunction with Marketing.
- Monitoring and reporting the potential collaborators and competitor activities and identifying business threats and opportunities.
Candidate Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidate must have a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university along with 6 years relevant experience.
- Excellent problem solving and organization skills.
- Ability to work well in a Matrix organization. Good team player.
- Able to communicate complicated technical issues, with effective presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and flexible to work with negligible supervision.
- Ability to work well with an international community of colleagues and customers.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to learn new computer based tools such as CRM.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Should be able to work as a team member.
- Should have negotiation skills to deal with different kinds of customers.
- Highly innovative and proactive.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with at all levels of the customer and across all of the customer’s functional groups such as technology, production and purchasing. This is a key to selling “in-depth”.
- Excellent listening skills so we can focus selling strategy on needs of customer.
- ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS.
Evonik Industries is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Evonik Industries via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Evonik Industries. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Evonik Industries as a result of the referral or through other means.
It is the policy of Evonik Corporation to recruit, hire, assign, train, transfer, promote, lay off and compensate employees at all levels and in all areas on the basis of merit and ability and without discrimination because of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or because he/she is disabled veteran or a Vietnam era veteran or any other legally protected status.