Location: Blair, NE USA
Business Unit: Health and Nutrition
Evonik Corporation is one of the leading specialty chemical companies in North America. With about 4000 employees in North America, the company has 57 locations in North America -- 33 manufacturing sites and 24 offices / labs / warehouses / distribution centers. Of the corporation's 33 manufacturing sites, 28 are in the United States and five are in Canada.
Evonik Corporation is part of Evonik Industries, an international industrial group with a workforce of over 43,000 and activities in more than 100 countries all over the world. Evonik Corporation demonstrates its strong commitment to hiring and retaining diverse, well qualified employees by offering a comprehensive yet competitive flexible benefits program, including pension, health care, 401(k) and flexible spending programs.
Lead and manage Biolys/Lysine innovation from an operations perspective on an international scale, responsible for process development & process engineering activities at Evonik owned Biolys plants. This position ensures the organization, planning, and direction of process innovation in the plants resulting in new process technologies to be applied. Is responsible for developing and implementing of these new process technologies. Within this frame the position is leading and executing multi-national and cross functional teams. This position provides technical expertise to continuously develop process technology in both downstream and fermentation. This position is also responsible for evaluations of new technologies and potential new product forms at both the pilot and production scale. The person is the primary liason to the R&D group to support the implementation of innovations coming from R&D and feed back improvements & constraints from operations to R&D. The position is the primary know-how carrier of Biolys operations and operations related process improvement. It is essential that this position works together with the Site Managers and Team Leader groups of the Evonik owned Biolys Plants, R&D in Kuensebeck, along with VT and OE in Hanau, Germany.
- The scope of this position includes development, coordination and execution of innovation projects for all Biolys production sites in the fields of i) optimization unit ooperation performance, ii) improvement of product form and product handling properties, iii) evaluate and optimize the quality, cost and availability of raw materials, iv) development and evaluation of new product forms, v) overall optimization of process efficiency and vi) reduction of losses and waste.
- This position is a resource to project responsibles (PV according to Evonik investment guideline) to ensure a continous improvement of Biolys specific consumptions and specific consumptions and CapEx in future investment projects.
- This position is responsible for acting as a liaison between all Lysine project managers and project responsibles to maintain and drive innovation.
- This position can act as a project responsible PV or project manager PM (according to Evonik investment guideline) for projects deemed to be necessary to improve competitive advantage, production costs, product quality and plant productivity.
- Responsible for managing either a departmental budget or a project specific budget.
- Responsible for managing and developing technical resources for innovation both at MWL as well as other locations.
- Drive continuous improvement and foster a continuous improvement culture in the plant.
- This position is a member of the MWL Leadership team, and will be involved in many aspects of leadership at MWL.
- Uphold all HACCP and ISO 9001 and RC14001 policies.
10. Supports BU and corporate goals and initiatives.
11. This position provides technical guidance and expertise in multiple areas such as process technology, unit operations, project management, statistical analysis, method and experimental set-up and design.
- The incumbent will spend the majority of time focusing on various projects which will improve the Lysine business.
- The position requires skills in leading experienced professionals who are themselves capable of successfully dealing with challenges and guiding opportunities and improvements that will place MWL as a leader in lysine production.
- Position is required to identify problems, define and prioritize them.
- The position requires a minimum of 10+ years of diverse business and plant exposure.
Education or Equivalent experience:
M.S in Chemistry, Engineering, Biotechnology or related field with 5+ years of industrial production experience, this person should also have additional working experience of 5-7 years in R&D or project management. Experience in working with multiple cultures in different countries is also necessary.
Specialized Knowledge and/or Skills:
- Proven Project Management skills
- Proven Leadership/Managerial skills ability to build cohesive teams
- Proven experience chemical engineering, process design and equipment specification for relevant unit operations
- Basic understanding of chemistry so the person can interact effectively with the R&D environment
- Proven technology management & Implementation experience in multiple scales (lab-pilot-production)
- Proven ability to successfully implement technology
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- Strong grasp of data analysis and statistical analysis tools
- RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS PROVIDED ACCORDING TO THE COMPANY RELOCATION POLICY
- ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
Evonik Industries is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Evonik Industries via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Evonik Industries. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Evonik Industries as a result of the referral or through other means.
It is the policy of Evonik Corporation to recruit, hire, assign, train, transfer, promote, lay off and compensate employees at all levels and in all areas on the basis of merit and ability and without discrimination because of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or because he/she is disabled veteran or a Vietnam era veteran or any other legally protected status.