Job Title: Lab Technician II
Location: Lafayette, IN
Business Unit: Health & Nutrition
Evonik Corporation is a leading specialty chemical company in North America. With approximately 4,000 employees in North America, the company has over 20 manufacturing sites and numerous offices, labs, warehouses and distribution centers in the region.
Evonik Corporation is part of Evonik Industries, an international industrial group with activities in more than 100 countries all over the world. Evonik's performance is shaped by creativity, specialization, continuous self-renewal, and reliability. In fiscal 2011 more than 33,000 employees generated sales of around €14.5 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of about €2.8 billion.
Evonik Corporation demonstrates its strong commitment to hiring and retaining diverse, well qualified employees by offering a comprehensive yet competitive flexible benefits program, including retirement, health care, 401(k) and flexible spending programs.
The Quality Control Laboratory Technician performs accurate and timely testing of routine lab samples in accordance with appropriate GMP and safety guidelines. The Lab Tech will also perform laboratory investigations, equipment evaluations and qualifications, and quality system improvement initiatives by executing well-defined protocols and procedures.
Sample Analysis and Reporting
- Performs sample analysis and reagent preparation in a timely manner with emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy of execution.
- Reports lab testing data and completes documentation accurately and in accordance with laboratory procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Reviews results for conformance to standards.
- Ability to execute tasks by conforming to written procedures and protocols and recognize when a deviation from such procedures has occurred.
- Performs routine instrument calibrations, qualifications, set-up, and suitability checks.
- Routine utilization of laboratory software systems including but not limited to Empower, SmartLab, and Regulus.
- Performs second person verification of routine method and procedure execution.
- Perform tracking and ordering of laboratory supplies.
Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Participates in assessment of new technology, quality system improvement initiatives and equipment qualifications through execution of well-defined protocols.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement initiatives in daily work activities.
- Communicates effectively with laboratory team members, supervision and across shifts.
- Works effectively with team members within laboratory to afford maximum efficiencies and smooth work flows.
Environmental, Safety, Health, & Security (ESHS)
- Adhere to ESHS programs, rules, & procedures.
- Assume personal accountability for individual behaviors related to ESHS activities.
- Have the appropriate knowledge and tools prior to performing a task.
- Complete all required ESHS training and remain current with applicable learning plans at all times.
- Report all injuries to Employee Health Services or Security and supervision within the same shift of the incident occurring.
- Inform direct supervision of any ESHS hazards or concerns in the workplace.
- Provide feedback and coaching to coworkers on both safe and unsafe behaviors and conditions.
- Actively participate in the ESHS management system as directed by supervision.
Candidate Qualifications and Experience:
- Associates Degree (or equivalent work experience).
- Accurate and proficient analytical skills.
- Ability to work in heavily regulated environment.
- Strong math skills.
- Good documentation skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal interactions.
- Previous experience in quality control laboratories is desired.
- Must complete required training as identified on Learning Plan.
Physical Requirements – Needs information added
- Ability to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Working Conditions –
- May be required to work a 12 hour day or 12 hour night shift.
- ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
- FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS
Evonik Industries is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Evonik Industries via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Evonik Industries. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Evonik Industries as a result of the referral or through other means.
It is the policy of Evonik Corporation to recruit, hire, assign, train, transfer, promote, lay off and compensate employees at all levels and in all areas on the basis of merit and ability and without discrimination because of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or because he/she is disabled veteran or a Vietnam era veteran or any other legally protected status.