LOGISTICS SPECIALIST – ACRYLIC MONOMERS
General Purpose of the Position:
Transactional and analytical resource for the distribution processes supporting BL-Acrylic Monomers (AM) within the NAFTA region. Coordinates the execution of transportation strategies for BL-AM shipments supporting the shipping and receiving locations. Will be responsible to control daily operations of third party logistics service providers (3PLs) assuring process execution within agreed service levels and expected SAP transactional integrity. Measures and analyzes logistics activities across the BL-AM supply chain to detect process shortfalls or opportunities to increase efficiency, makes recommendations to improve.
- Perform all duties and actions within the scope of governmental regulations, established policies for Environmental Health and Safety (EHS), and safe work practices.
- Primary point of contact for all transport related service requests for BL-AM, coordinating resolution of carrier notifications of delayed or otherwise impacted BL-AM shipments.
- Primary point of contact for 3PLs providing warehousing, terminaling, or other distribution services in support of BL-AM. Assures completion of 3PLs daily work, receiving and shipping, within agreed service levels. Troubleshoot SAP transactions and coordinate resolution of inventory integrity issues with appropriate SCM as required.
- Maintain catalog of bulk customer delivery and unloading requirements, for coordination of carrier procurement, assignment, and scheduling. Maintain SAP Customer Master Data as required.
- Maintain transport rate and routing files in coordination with Evonik Corporation Logistics. Obtain transport rates to support shipments by BL-AM and document as required. Facilitate route/rate quotation between BL-AM and Evonik Corporation Logistics as needed.
- Distribute shipment routing guidelines, and/or maintain SAP Routing data, to plant shipping operations and 3PLs as required. Monitors shipment preparation / execution across the shipping locations to assure compliance with established routing processes.
- Process transactions supporting freight costing, freight payments, and freight payment exceptions in internal (SAP) and 3rd party freight payment systems, and support audit/payment of 3PL invoices, as required.
- Coordinates Logistics QN processing for AM shipments, including Returns, Re-consignments, damage, delay or improperly prepared shipments.
- Track, analyze and report carrier / 3PL performance and costs. Identify and recommend continual improvements to existing process.
- Monitor BL-AM rail fleet operations via 3rd Party for service exceptions and intervene with carriers and other parties to the shipment(s) as appropriate.
- Monitor BL-AM temperature controlled and RSSM shipments via 3rd party services as required. Determine and escalate exceptions as per established procedures.
- Coordinate transport execution for bulk pick-ups of raw / swap materials from vendors. Tender loads to approved carriers to meet service level by SCM and maintain SCM issued Purchase Orders with information related to the transaction as needed.
- Support additional activities within the operational scope of BL-PP-SCM as required.
Knowledge and Skill Required:
- College degree (minimum bachelors) required with focus in Logistics, Supply Chain, or Production Operations management preferred.
- 3-5 years work experience in logistics or transportation operations with applied knowledge in transportation regulations, carrier operations, transport optimization, warehouse operations, and material handling.
- Expertise / focus with chemical logistics, hazardous materials, and bulk carrier (incl. rail) operations are a significant plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical and communications skills required, particularly as applied to logistics activities.
- Prior experience with SAP or other integrated ERP solutions is a significant differentiator.