Location: Deer Park, TX USA
Business Unit: Coatings and Additives – Oil Additives
Evonik Corporation is one of the leading specialty chemical companies in North America. With about 4000 employees in North America, the company has 57 locations in North America -- 33 manufacturing sites and 24 offices / labs / warehouses / distribution centers. Of the corporation's 33 manufacturing sites, 28 are in the United States and five are in Canada.
Evonik Corporation is part of Evonik Industries, an international industrial group with a workforce of over 43,000 and activities in more than 100 countries all over the world. Evonik Corporation demonstrates its strong commitment to hiring and retaining diverse, well qualified employees by offering a comprehensive yet competitive flexible benefits, including pension, health care, 401(k) and flexible spending programs.
Implement measures for further development within defined production areas to implement, maintain and ensure state of the art process technology in order to minimize cost, provide high product quality and maximize plant availability.
- Provide technical support to defined production areas (e.g. increase of production unit availability, quality improvement, etc.) by implementing OEE and First Pass Quality improvement projects. Provide the scope for these projects, as well as prepare time schedules and basic cost estimates.
- Ensure successful completion of documentation for technical changes and projects under his/her management, including procedure changes, EHS documentation, etc.
- Business oriented in work and shows a high level of cost awareness and cost responsibility to ensure decision justification. Uses mature engineering judgment regarding risks, utilizing creativity and foresight to initiate studies, projects and new developments and to anticipate and solve problems with the focus on long-term process solutions.
- Perform routine tasks of a plant engineer independently, such as planning, initiating and managing routine operations troubleshooting and projects to improve and maintain the assigned plant area.
- May require assistance of experienced engineer when initiating suggestions for plant improvements in respect to the process, new equipment or expansion, etc.
This position is to provide technical support in regard to process technology issues for existing production processes and projects to improve or expand existing capacity. The incumbent will also be challenged to identify weak points in technical processes and to suggest technical solutions and improvements for these identified areas.
The incumbent must have an understanding of engineering support, work flow with production units and maintenance functions, and must budget time wisely as additional assignments are given based on experience in the process area.
The incumbent must work independently while reporting the primary results of their activities to his/her supervisor. Excellent cooperation with Production and Technical Departments within the Business Group is essential for the success of this position.
The incumbent must possess a B.S. or M.S. in Chemical Engineering or an equivalent degree with 3 - 5 years experience in process technology, as well as in manufacturing processes. The incumbent requires knowledge of techniques in process design, manufacturing technology, and automation of processes. The incumbent should have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- THIS POSITION IS BASED IN THE DEER PARK, TX FACILITY AND IS ELIGIBLE FOR RELOCATION ASSISTANCE ACCORDING TO THE COMPANY RELOCATION POLICY
- ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
- FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS
Evonik Industries is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Evonik Industries via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Evonik Industries. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Evonik Industries as a result of the referral or through other means.
It is the policy of Evonik Corporation to recruit, hire, assign, train, transfer, promote, lay off and compensate employees at all levels and in all areas on the basis of merit and ability and without discrimination because of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or because he/she is disabled veteran or a Vietnam era veteran or any other legally protected status.