Job Title: Operator Solvent Recovery
Location: Lafayette, IN
Business Unit: Health & Nutrition
Reports To: Supervisor – Solvent Recovery
Human Resources Contact: Kirsten Sanderford, Staffing and Compensation Specialist
Evonik Corporation is a leading specialty chemical company in North America. With approximately 4,000 employees in North America, the company has over 20 manufacturing sites and numerous offices, labs, warehouses and distribution centers in the region.
Evonik Corporation is part of Evonik Industries, an international industrial group with activities in more than 100 countries all over the world. Evonik's performance is shaped by creativity, specialization, continuous self-renewal, and reliability. In fiscal 2011 more than 33,000 employees generated sales of around €14.5 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of about €2.8 billion.
Evonik Corporation demonstrates its strong commitment to hiring and retaining diverse, well qualified employees by offering a comprehensive yet competitive flexible benefits program, including retirement, health care, 401(k) and flexible spending programs.
Perform all operations necessary to support the large-scale synthesis of quality pharmaceutical intermediates and final bulk products in a safe, efficient and environmentally responsible manner. Expected to advance skill sets, and complete training to perform all operator associated tasks.
Basic Operator job functions:
- Documents work according to standards.
- Follows written and verbal direction.
- Learns and executes basic job operations.
- Learns and utilizes all forms, records, and reports to assure compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Learns relevant policies and procedures and applies them to the job.
- Demonstrates basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and working with fractions.
- Works well with others.
- Learns and applies basic trouble-shooting skills.
- Respects diverse opinions.
- Accepts responsibility for personal actions.
- Completes all training prior to execution of activity.
Environmental, Safety, Health, & Security (ESHS):
- Adhere to ESHS programs, rules, & procedures.
- Assume personal accountability for individual behaviors related to ESHS activities.
- Have the appropriate knowledge and tools prior to performing a task.
- Report all injuries to Employee Health Services or Security and supervision within the same shift of the incident occurring.
- Ability to lift up to 25 kg without assistance on a routine basis.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including supplied air respirator.
- Able to ascend/descend stairs.
- May be required to enter confined space for internal inspection.
- Able to work in a high noise/high temperature environment.
- Hazardous conditions involving the use of acids, caustics, other hazardous chemicals, and potential allergens.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts, days and nights.
Candidate Qualifications and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior chemical manufacturing or solvent recovery experience is preferred.
- External candidates must pass WorkKeys assessment.
- ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS.
Evonik Industries is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Evonik Industries via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Evonik Industries. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Evonik Industries as a result of the referral or through other means.
It is the policy of Evonik Corporation to recruit, hire, assign, train, transfer, promote, lay off and compensate employees at all levels and in all areas on the basis of merit and ability and without discrimination because of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or because he/she is disabled veteran or a Vietnam era veteran or any other legally protected status.