Job Title: Distribution Representative
Location: Parsippany, NJ
Business Unit: Performance Polymers
Reports To: Lavinia Parrott, Manager Customer Service
Human Resources Contact: Kirsten Sanderford, Staffing and Compensation Specialist
Evonik Corporation is a leading specialty chemical company in North America. With approximately 4,000 employees in North America, the company has over 20 manufacturing sites and numerous offices, labs, warehouses and distribution centers in the region.
Evonik Corporation is part of Evonik Industries, an international industrial group with activities in more than 100 countries all over the world. Evonik's performance is shaped by creativity, specialization, continuous self-renewal, and reliability. In fiscal 2011 more than 33,000 employees generated sales of around €14.5 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of about €2.8 billion.
Evonik Corporation demonstrates its strong commitment to hiring and retaining diverse, well qualified employees by offering a comprehensive yet competitive flexible benefits program, including retirement, health care, 401(k) and flexible spending programs.
Distribution Representatives act as the primary inside contact for Evonik Cyro’s Acrylic Sheet customers, supporting all the customers in their Region by providing exceptional customer service. Handle all requests for pricing using effective negotiating techniques to deliver the best possible outcome for Evonik Cyro. Candidates must be comfortable with developing positive business relationships with customer contacts by phone and email.
- Conduct business and operate at all times with safety, environmental, and industrial hygiene concerns as the first priority. Actively promote safe practices.
- Achieve or exceed budgeted profitability dollars (i.e.: marginal, manufacturing or EBIT) and sales volume providing immediate sales support to customers.
- Provide immediate response to pricing requests, within predetermined limits as defined by the Inside Sales Regional Manager.
- Respond in a timely manner to orders and inquiries received from Customers via the telephone (primary), e-mail or other media. Must be in the call hunt group during the day to handle all customer inquiries as soon as possible.
- Prepare all SCOPE proposals ensuring that all SCOPE proposals are followed up on and closed, especially the ones for specialty products.
- Assure accurate entry of all orders as to product, pricing, shipment date, destination and all other aspects of the order and service process. Also ensure the accurate entry of sample requests, returns, pricing documentation, QNs and other forms of data entry required.
- Work closely with and support the Market Development Managers responsible for the region
- Assist Regional Sales Managers and Sales Representatives in implementing their Business Plans.
- Call each branch of assigned distributors on a frequent basis to obtain business and develop personal relationships.
- Take action to resolve specific customer problems or issues when issues are escalated by the customer and, if necessary, coordinate with Plant Scheduling and Logistics responses to requests from customers to expedite orders.
- Quality Notifications entered same day, tasks completed within 3 days.
- Take an active role in collecting past due account receivable balances, through the Quality Notification process
- Provide management with consistent market intelligence to position Evonik Cyro as the industry leader as to pricing, service and industry needs.
- Ensure that we are in legal compliance, especially with respect to compliance with Robinson-Patman and the Sherman Antitrust Acts.
- Promote and maintain the principles of and responsibilities related to Responsible Care within his/her assigned areas of responsibility and as defined in the RC 14001 management system.
Candidate Qualifications and Experience
- Basic educational background: Two or four year college degree and/ or equivalent work experience.
- Previous applicable experience:
- Customer service experience required.
- Telephonic selling skills and Inside sales experience preferred.
- Experience with SAP is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have strong communication (verbal & listenting) skills, a strong sense of team orientation, willingness to learn new things, and be open to change.
Evonik Industries is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Evonik Industries via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Evonik Industries. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Evonik Industries as a result of the referral or through other means.
It is the policy of Evonik Corporation to recruit, hire, assign, train, transfer, promote, lay off and compensate employees at all levels and in all areas on the basis of merit and ability and without discrimination because of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or because he/she is disabled veteran or a Vietnam era veteran or any other legally protected status.