Job Title: Director, Oil & Gas Chemicals
Location: Houston (The Woodlands), TX
Business Unit: Corporate Growth and Development
Evonik Corporation is a leading specialty chemical company in North America. With approximately 4,000 employees in North America, the company has over 20 manufacturing sites and numerous offices, labs, warehouses and distribution centers in the region.
Evonik Corporation is part of Evonik Industries, an international industrial group with activities in more than 100 countries all over the world. Evonik's performance is shaped by creativity, specialization, continuous self-renewal, and reliability. In fiscal 2011 more than 33,000 employees generated sales of around €14.5 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of about €2.8 billion.
Evonik Corporation demonstrates its strong commitment to hiring and retaining diverse, well qualified employees by offering a comprehensive yet competitive flexible benefits program, including retirement, health care, 401(k) and flexible spending programs.
At Evonik Corporation, the purpose of this job is identify and quantify key market segments for Evonik products within the oilfield chemicals industry, map the supply chain and sales process within each market segment, develop both a strategic and tactical plan for market penetration, and assist the Business Line Marketing Managers and Sales Team in the implementation of that strategy.
- Generates market reports and strategy based on an analysis of the market requirements and structure based on input from customer interviews, industry publications, sales, support, and any other sources.
- Disseminate market knowledge to the various Evonik Business Units by:
- Providing market understanding and expertise the oil and gas industry.
- Developing both a strategic and tactical marketing plan for sustainable sales gains in the oil and gas industry for each product line.
- Identify new and existing markets and niches where Evonik specialty chemicals can add value and develop a strong market presence within the oil and gas industry.
- Conduct internal marketing and strategy presentations and market forecasts to inform and develop the knowledge base of each Business Line.
- Assists in the development of the marketing objectives, the business’ strategic planning, oversight for the product tactical plan, and ensuring that each tactic is implemented appropriately and meets the objectives.
- Identifies new business opportunities and builds a business case for those opportunities.
- Keeps the Business Lines and management abreast of any and all competitor operational activities and marketing strategies.
- Establishes effective communication with all areas of operation within the region.
- Assists in formulating a value pricing strategy for the product lines in an effort to increase market share while maximizes contribution margin.
- Visit customer locations to identify product applications, gain in depth market understanding and support sales efforts.
- Participates in industry trade organizations and other pertinent trade shows and conventions.
- Up to 25% travel required- Domestic and International.
- Any other duties as required.
Candidate Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science Degree or equivalent, MBA preferred.
- Relevant experience and market knowledge in oilfield chemicals industry.
- Established contacts within the oilfield chemicals and oilfield services industry.
- Prior experience in analyzing markets and generating an actionable marketing plan and “tool kits”.
- Cross cultural business experience.
- Preferred project manager skills.
- Very detailed oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Ability to build peer relationships across multiple businesses.
- Good organizing and planning skills.
- Critical thinking skills and situational awareness desired.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills.
- ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS.
Evonik Industries is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Evonik Industries via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Evonik Industries. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Evonik Industries as a result of the referral or through other means.
It is the policy of Evonik Corporation to recruit, hire, assign, train, transfer, promote, lay off and compensate employees at all levels and in all areas on the basis of merit and ability and without discrimination because of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or because he/she is disabled veteran or a Vietnam era veteran or any other legally protected status.