Job Title: Sr. Project Manager
Location: Parsippany, NJ or Mobile, AL
Business Unit: Information Systems
Evonik Corporation is a leading specialty chemical company in North America. With approximately 4,000 employees in North America, the company has over 20 manufacturing sites and numerous offices, labs, warehouses and distribution centers in the region.
Evonik Corporation is part of Evonik Industries, an international industrial group with activities in more than 100 countries all over the world. Evonik's performance is shaped by creativity, specialization, continuous self-renewal, and reliability. In fiscal 2011 more than 33,000 employees generated sales of around €14.5 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of about €2.8 billion.
Evonik Corporation demonstrates its strong commitment to hiring and retaining diverse, well qualified employees by offering a comprehensive yet competitive flexible benefits program, including retirement, health care, 401(k) and flexible spending programs.
To develop on actual customer needs, organize, plan, direct and execute major projects for all Evonik Degussa Corporation IT projects in the North American region and participate in global Evonik IT projects. Ensure that all projects are carried out in a timely, cost effective, safe and technically superior manner in accordance with accepted Evonik IT practices and guidelines. Incumbent will promote and maintain the principles of and responsibilities related to Responsible Care within his/her assigned areas of responsibility and as defined in the IT project handbook.
- Direct the definition and development of the most economical project scope based on objectives provided by the Business Groups in cooperation with the Project Responsible.
- Generate, direct and approve designs, specifications, drawing and instructions with emphasis on lowest possible investment cost and efficient and safe plant operability.
- Manage and review preparation of conceptual and detailed cost estimates for capital projects.
- Direct and control the internal and external resources and organization of the project team in order to meet project scope and schedule.
- To be fully responsible technically and managerially for the definition, organization and execution of capital projects and for the compliance with all regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Direct preparation of the front end engineering documentation and Capital Appropriation Requests.
- Monitor and report project progress to the Business Group and Corporate management on a regular basis with emphasis on project cost schedule and scope change additions.
- Develop detailed project execution and commissioning strategies and procedures in cooperation with the Customers, Project Responsible, Management, Project members and external partners.
- To be fully accountable for the final project scope and the total Investment and Project Repair Cost.
- Negotiate and authorize contracts associated with the project in cooperation with the Legal and Procurement Department.
- Direct the preparation of the design and as built documentation.
- Responsibility to prepare the operational guidelines and give over from project into daily operations.
- Coordination while project activities between the different teams within NA and global teams.
Candidate Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor Degree in Information Technologies or equivalent degree and at least some years of experience in projects is required for this position.
- Experience in the supervision of others and good leadership skills are important for this position. The majority of the incumbent’s time is spent in managing, organizing and controlling multiple concurrent corporate projects by supervising and directing managers, technical architects and technician personnel as well as outside contractors and/or consultant firms.
- The incumbent must posses a broad based knowledge of IT fundamentals, operations, standard industry practices, regulatory issues as well as cost and schedule management as they relate to capital investments.
Evonik Industries is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Evonik Industries via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Evonik Industries. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Evonik Industries as a result of the referral or through other means.
It is the policy of Evonik Corporation to recruit, hire, assign, train, transfer, promote, lay off and compensate employees at all levels and in all areas on the basis of merit and ability and without discrimination because of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or because he/she is disabled veteran or a Vietnam era veteran or any other legally protected status.