Chemist II/III or Scientist with Agro Experience
Business Unit: Interface & Performance
Location: Hopewell, VA
Evonik Goldschmidt Corporation is part of Evonik Industries, an international industrial group with a workforce of over 43,000 and activities in more than 100 countries all over the world. Evonik demonstrates its strong commitment to hiring and retaining diverse, well qualified employees by offering a comprehensive yet competitive flexible benefits program, including pension, health care, 401(k) and flexible spending programs.
Provide technical service in the Innovation & Application Technology group of the AGRO segment of the Consumer Specialties Division. Planning, management, execution and reporting of innovation projects. Product recommendations, delivery of presentations and training to customers and distributors are expected on project and technical matters. Responsible for application testing in the lab to support customers and direct/in-direct supervision and development of laboratory Technician/Chemist is desired. Cooperative participation with global innovation team.
Principal Accountabilities Required by Job
- Technical support in the areas of specialty additives for Agricultural application; Spreading agents, penetrants, antifoams, dispersants etc. Responsible for technical projects, including formulations in the lab, as necessary to support customers on existing and new products in the relevant areas. Provide technical support for production and interaction with product safety and product management team.
- Timely management of projects in the Innovation Management System with the aim to develop new products according to the BL strategy and development of new market areas.
- Positioning of existing and new products by providing supporting documentation, presentations, and product data with respect to customer needs and competitive landscape.
- Comply with EHS&Q guidelines for internal and external issues as well as Laboratory practices and regulations at the 6th Avenue location.
- Support of new market initiatives such as road shows, customer days, presentation at conferences and fairs etc.
- Training of customers and colleagues from sales and marketing on product technology.
- Monitoring of new technologies, products and activities of competitors.
- M.S or Ph.D degree in chemistry, biology or agronomy and 3 years industrial experience, preferably related to more than one of the following areas; formulation of actives and surfactants for agrochemical pesticides or organic surfactants or silicon surfactants.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and oral. Good problem-solving abilities result and market/customer oriented planning.
- Proficiency in Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Evonik Industries is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Evonik Industries via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Evonik Industries. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Evonik Industries as a result of the referral or through other means.
It is the policy of Evonik Goldschmidt Corporation to recruit, hire, assign, train, transfer, promote, lay off and compensate employees at all levels and in all areas on the basis of merit and ability and without discrimination because of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or because he/she is disabled veteran