Job Title: Sales Manager – Southeast Sales Region – Personal Care
Business Unit: Consumer Specialties
Evonik Corporation is a leading specialty chemical company in North America. With approximately 4,000 employees in North America, the company has over 20 manufacturing sites and numerous offices, labs, warehouses and distribution centers in the region.
Evonik Corporation is part of Evonik Industries, an international industrial group with activities in more than 100 countries all over the world. Evonik's performance is shaped by creativity, specialization, continuous self-renewal, and reliability. In fiscal 2011 more than 33,000 employees generated sales of around €14.5 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of about €2.8 billion.
Evonik Corporation demonstrates its strong commitment to hiring and retaining diverse, well qualified employees by offering a comprehensive yet competitive flexible benefits program, including retirement, health care, 401(k) and flexible spending programs.
Maintains and increases sales of products at major multi-national and domestic account base in line with global strategy. Develops solid business relationships with key decision makers. Recognizes and addresses customer problems and needs. Provides first-hand market and competitive intelligence. Prospects for new accounts. Monitors account financial status.
- Performs sales calls to existing and potential customers on a regular basis to facilitate growth in regional sales and profitability. Negotiates pricing and supply/confidentiality agreements to support business growth. Monitors account financial status to ensure liquidity and A/R in line.
- Accumulates competitive and market data to guide future growth. And communicates this information to team in Global Working Groups (if applicable) and at NAFTA Project Meetings.
- Provides valuable input into developing 3 year sales plan. Maintains project pipeline with sales, profitability and probability of success to develop funnel of future business.
- Develops pre-plan for customer calls, submits detailed visit report, and plans follow-up. Continually builds knowledge around the performance and value of our products and services to provide more innovative and cost effective solutions to our customer base. Coordinates technical resources for customer visits and manages resources and timelines for customer projects.
- Manages other miscellaneous customer issues (including complaints, regulatory requests, audits, Accounts Receivable, etc.).
Candidate Qualifications and Experience:
- BS in Chemistry or related field.
- 5-7 years Sales experience in desired markets.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Computer literacy in Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word, Excel and CRM.
- ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS.
Evonik Industries is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Evonik Industries via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Evonik Industries. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Evonik Industries as a result of the referral or through other means.
It is the policy of Evonik Corporation to recruit, hire, assign, train, transfer, promote, lay off and compensate employees at all levels and in all areas on the basis of merit and ability and without discrimination because of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or because he/she is disabled veteran or a Vietnam era veteran or any other legally protected status.