Job Title: Chemist III – Senior Technical Services Representative
Location: Hopewell, VA
Business Unit: Tego Coatings Additives (TCS)
Evonik Corporation is a leading specialty chemical company in North America. With approximately 4,000 employees in North America, the company has over 20 manufacturing sites and numerous offices, labs, warehouses and distribution centers in the region.
Evonik Corporation is part of Evonik Industries, an international industrial group with activities in more than 100 countries all over the world. Evonik's performance is shaped by creativity, specialization, continuous self-renewal, and reliability. In fiscal 2011 more than 33,000 employees generated sales of around €14.5 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of about €2.8 billion.
Evonik Corporation demonstrates its strong commitment to hiring and retaining diverse, well qualified employees by offering a comprehensive yet competitive flexible benefits program, including retirement, health care, 401(k) and flexible spending programs.
Provision of technical service in support of Tego Coating Additives (TCS) products. Planning, execution and reporting of laboratory projects as assigned by the Technical Service Manager. Assistance in product recommendations and delivery of presentations and training to customers and distributors. Communication with Essen laboratories on project and other technical matters. In-direct supervision of 1 laboratory technician.
- Testing of products in coating and ink formulations supplied by customers. Perform laboratory projects with the aim of promoting old and new products and the development. of new market areas. Provide technical support for production and toll manufacturing.
- Provision of technical support to customers by telephone, email. Submit sample orders using CRM software.
- Provision of in-house training for new employees, customers and distributors.
- Perform as the EHS&Q liaison for both TEGO's internal and external issues. Maintain air quality monitoring and regulations at the 6th Avenue location.
- Perform new market initiatives such as road shows, customer days, etc.
- Make technical visits with field sales force including the presentation of products and technology.
Candidate Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or scientific discipline with strong chemistry content.
- 5 years of experience in research & development or product development in the coating or ink industries.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and oral.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Proficiency in Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS.
Evonik Industries is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Evonik Industries via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Evonik Industries. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Evonik Industries as a result of the referral or through other means.
It is the policy of Evonik Corporation to recruit, hire, assign, train, transfer, promote, lay off and compensate employees at all levels and in all areas on the basis of merit and ability and without discrimination because of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or because he/she is disabled veteran or a Vietnam era veteran or any other legally protected status.