Job Title: Process Engineer
Location: Maitland, Canada
Business Unit: Active Oxygens
Reports To: Superintendent
Evonik, the creative industrial group from Germany, is one of the world leaders
in specialty chemicals. Profitable growth and a sustained increase in the value of the company form the heart of Evonik’s corporate strategy. Its activities focus on the key megatrends health, nutrition, resource efficiency and globalization. Evonik benefits specifically from its innovative prowess and integrated technology platforms.
Evonik is active in over 100 countries around the world. In fiscal 2012 more than 33,000 employees generated sales of around €13.6 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of about €2.6 billion.
Implement measures for further development within defined production areas to implement, maintain and ensure state of the art process technology in order to minimize cost, provide high product quality and maximize plant availability.
- Provide technical support to defined production areas (e.g. increase of production unit availability, quality improvement, etc.) by implementing OEE and First Pass Quality improvement projects. Provide the scope for these projects, as well as prepare time schedules and basic cost estimates.
- Perform routine tasks of a plant engineer independently, such as planning, initiating and managing routine operations troubleshooting and projects to improve and maintain the assigned plant area.
- May require assistance of experienced engineer when initiating suggestions for plant improvements in respect to the process, new equipment or expansion, etc.
- Ensure successful completion of documentation for technical changes and projects under his/her management, including procedure changes, EHS documentation, etc.
Candidate Qualifications and Experience:
- The incumbent must possess a BS or MS in Chemical Engineering or an equivalent degree with 3 - 5 years experience in process technology, as well as in manufacturing processes.
- The incumbent requires knowledge of techniques in process design, manufacturing technology, and automation of processes.
- The incumbent should have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The incumbent must have an understanding of engineering support, work flow with production units and maintenance functions, and must budget time wisely as additional assignments are given based on experience in the process area.
- The incumbent must work independently while reporting the primary results of their activities to his/her supervisor.
- Excellent cooperation with Production and Technical Departments within the Business Group is essential for the success of this position.
- This position is to provide technical support in regard to process technology issues for existing production processes and projects to improve or expand existing capacity.
- The incumbent will also be challenged to identify weak points in technical processes and to suggest technical solutions and improvements for these identified areas.
- ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS.
Evonik Corporation is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Evonik Corporation via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Evonik Corporation. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Evonik Corporation as a result of the referral or through other means.
It is the policy of Evonik Corporation to recruit, hire, assign, train, transfer, promote, lay off and compensate employees at all levels and in all areas on the basis of merit and ability and without discrimination because of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or because he/she is disabled veteran or a Vietnam era veteran or any other legally protected status.