Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Waterford, NY
Business Unit: Inorganic Materials
Evonik, the creative industrial group from Germany, is one of the world leaders
in specialty chemicals. Profitable growth and a sustained increase in the value of the company form the heart of Evonik’s corporate strategy. Its activities focus on the key megatrends health, nutrition, resource efficiency and globalization. Evonik benefits specifically from its innovative prowess and integrated technology platforms.
Evonik is active in over 100 countries around the world. In fiscal 2012 more than 33,000 employees generated sales of around €13.6 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of about €2.6 billion.
This position performs secretarial, administrative and technical support duties of a responsible and highly confidential nature in all matters regarding the Waterford Facility functions such as documentation and database organization, meetings and travels organization, event management and organization, supporting for budget Planning and cost control, preparation of presentations and posters, administrative support for recruitment and transfer of employees, direct secretarial support to the Site Manager and his Staff etc. Incumbent will promote and maintain the principles of and responsibilities related to Responsible Care within his/her assigned areas of responsibility and as defined in the RC 14001 management system.
- Reviews, analyzes, and categorizes incoming and outgoing mail; determines priority, may route for action or information; prepares correspondence for internal and external distribution.
- Schedules appointments and interviews, organize and maintains the department calendar.
- Responsible for monitoring and updating manpower/budget data on a monthly basis. Assures payment of all department invoices by assigning appropriate cost center and ledger account number and ensures proper approvals are obtained.
- Reviews and develops standard forms and files for general office use.
- Purchases and maintains office supplies and supports daily operation.
- Responsible for purchasing all computers, office furniture, printers, coordinates leasing of copiers and any associated supplies required for the department.
- Organizes, maintains, and files all Waterford Facility related correspondence (in and outgoing), reports and data files.
- Work With single point of contact in purchasing to ensure vendors are set up and maintained in SAP. Enter purchase requisitions and purchase orders up to authorized limits.
- Organizes business trips and presentations for the department and prepares expense reports.
- Receives and screens incoming telephone calls and answers routine inquiries.
- Organizes prerequisites for newly hired employees and participate in orientation/onboarding process.
- Performs other administrative support and any miscellaneous duties as defined for the position.
- Provides secretarial and administrative support services for Site Leadership Team. Ensures proper handling and safeguarding of classified, confidential, proprietary, private, or sensitive information.
- Answer phones and handle/distribute mail.
- Process invoices and expense reports; track and order supplies as needed.
- Act as administrative liaison between Waterford Facility and external parties.
- Organize meetings and workshops including booking conference rooms, ordering food, arranging all required equipment, setting up Telcos, WebEx and/ or Video calls.
- Manage and track vacation calendar of all Waterford employees.
- Act as Site Human Resources Administrative Assistant for the Waterford facility.
- Distribute and communicate various Human Resources materials as directed by and coordinated with the Site Human Resources Manager.
- Process payroll and execute various payroll related functions for the site.
Candidate Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidate must have High School Diploma. Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 year’s experience. Exposure to chemical manufacturing environment and related terms would be a plus.
- High ability to prioritize and manage numerous tasks quickly, accurately and efficiently.
- Excellent organization, communication, typing, word processing, personal computer, and writing skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, Adobe Acrobat and similar commonly used systems are preferred).
- Must be comfortable in cost control, reporting and booking systems (SAP preferred).
- Must be comfortable in documenting and organizing database for the produced scientific information of the team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be diplomatic and have the ability to deal tactfully and confidently with internal and external customers.
- ONLY CANDIDATES MEETING THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- FOR SERIOUS CONSIDERATION, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR SALARY REQUIREMENTS.
Evonik Corporation is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Evonik Corporation via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Evonik Corporation. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Evonik Corporation as a result of the referral or through other means.
It is the policy of Evonik Corporation to recruit, hire, assign, train, transfer, promote, lay off and compensate employees at all levels and in all areas on the basis of merit and ability and without discrimination because of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or because he/she is disabled veteran or a Vietnam era veteran or any other legally protected status.